Welcome to Garden of Eden Composting! Our goal is to simplify the process of composting for people who are just too busy to do it themselves. Our natural resources are in danger. We can turn a blind-eye as so many do, or we can recognize that we need to make a change. I want this planet to still be livable for my Grandchildren’s Children, and all future generations after them. If you are concerned about the Earth and want to leave a better place for your future lineage, I ask you to join me in this mission.
Our Service: When you join Garden of Eden Composting you will receive a 5 gallon compost bucket to begin collecting food scraps and other compostable materials. We will assign you a weekly pickup day. Each week you will place your bucket on your porch on your designated day. We will pickup the bucket and replace it with an empty, sanitized bucket so you can continue collecting scraps for the following week.
What Are The Benefits:
1. You will be placing a lot less in your trash, which means a lot less is going to landfills where it creates methane gas and contributes to global warming. (The EPA estimates 30% of the trash you send to landfills could actually be composted and turned in to nutrients for the earth)
2. We also collect yard waste, shipping boxes and much more. Read more here.
3. Twice a year we provide our members with FREE compost for their own gardens. Not a gardener? You can choose to have your compost donated to a local garden or farm. Read more here.
4. By keeping the bin in your kitchen or pantry or even on a back patio, it will be readily available for you to start tossing in all your compostable items. If you’ve never composted before, you’ll be amazed just how much you throw away that could be composted.
5. A lot of native soil is nutritionally depleted. Compost helps rebuild soil structure.
6. Each customer gets a special Free Gift throughout the growing season!
What Is The Cost:
We provide the bucket and weekly pickup service for only $20/month. (that’s about $5 a week) You probably spend that much in gas, not to mention the time it takes to load all of your recyclables and head to the recycle center. There is no contract and you can cancel your service at anytime. We do ask that you return your compost bucket to us if you ever decide to cancel your service.
NOTE: Price increase will take effect on September 1, 2021, changing the cost to $25/month. Anyone who becomes a member before the increase will be locked in at the $20/month rate for the lifetime of their current membership. (check out our quarterly and annual rates for special discounts)
How Do I Get Started? To join Garden of Eden Composting, you will fill out a very brief form to let us know you are ready for service. We will contact you within 24 hours with a designated pickup day and an invoice for your first month of service. As soon as we receive your first payment we will deliver your starter kit to your door! The kit includes everything you need to get started.
Service Area: We currently service zip codes 74055, 74017, 74019, 74021, 74070 and 74073 in Owasso, Claremore, Collinsville, Skiatook and Sperry. If you are in a neighboring community not listed, we encourage you to register anyway and we will contact you as soon as we expand to your area.